Saturday 7 August 2010

Destiny

Destiny, hold my hand, protect me from this world
And fly me to a past not far away
Where fireflies and the stars in the sky
Coax the shadows back to let
You concentrate on your neverthought.
Funny what you find in your mixed up mind
At two o'clock by the fountain down the road.
Today it all feels fine, but
Today will always be tomorrow
And I love you all the same.

I complied this poem from ten lines from ten songs from ten of my favourite bands. I am partially happy with it. Being constricted to other people's words is both freeing and inhibiting at the same time. If I had limitless time, this could make for an interesting project, but I will leave it at that for now. How many bands and songs do you recognise? They are all from songs released between 1993-2003, the era when CDs sponged by wallet dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment