Wednesday 2 January 2013

Dungeons

"Jarvis, can you think of any things beginning with the letter D?"

"Dog."

"Can you think of any other words?"

"Prison."

"That doesn't begin with D."

"I can see a dungeon outside and it's got wheels and the baddies are bringing it to get Ned. I'll shoot you with... tricked you, they weren't really coming."

"What's the difference between a dungeon and a prison?"

"Er, you get trapped in dungeons and prisons?"

"But, are they the same thing or are there any differences between dungeons and prisons?"

"Er, there's no differences between them."

"Shall I have a look in the dictionary?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, a prison says: a building to which people are legally committed as a punishment for crimes they have committed, and a dungeon says: a strong underground prison cell, especially in a castle. What do you think about that?"

"Yeah."

"Have you ever seen a dungeon?"

"No. We haven't. We've never seen a dungeon."

"Would you like to see a dungeon?"

"Yeah."

"What do you think it would be like?"

"I don't know."

"Would it smell of anything?"

"Yes."

"What would it smell of?"

"I don't know."

"Would it be a nice smell or a horrible smell?"

"A nice one."

"What would be inside the dungeon?"

"Er, I don't know. Maybe goblins' things."

"What do goblins have?"

"I don't know."

"Do they have toys?"

"No. On Noddy they do."

"What do goblins do?"

"Er, steal things."

"Who do they steal from?"

"Er, I don't know. Maybe everyone's things. Maybe grown-ups' things."

"Have they ever stolen anything from you?"

"No."

"Why do they steal?"

"Because they're a bit bad."

"What do goblins look like?"

"Er, I don't know because I've never seen a goblin."

No comments:

Post a Comment